Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Our Tiny Miracle





Graham Edwin Sponseller was born to us on Saturday, June 16, at 8:52 p.m. at Maine Medical Center. He weighed 7 lbs 6 oz at birth and is 20.5 inches long.

I went into labor in the wee hours of Saturday morning, and my water broke in the front yard around 9 a.m., witnessed by our neighbor Tiffany. We got ourselves to the hospital quickly where things progressed throughout the day. Unfortunately, the baby showed signs of distress for several hours during labor, so a c-section was necessary. I was bummed out by the need for surgery, but those feelings were forgotten as soon as I got my first look at little Graham. He is perfectly healthy, and beautiful to boot!

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

He is so photogenic- definitely takes after both parents on that account- but I have to say, even though it doesn't seem possible, he's even cuter in person!