Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Summer Fun






Our holiday weekend fun continued on Sunday with a trip to the beach with my fave born-and-bred Maine-iac, Vanessa, and her adorable stepson, 7-year-old Julian. The Fernandez-Greenes are in town for a little R&R and it is always great to have a chance to see them. I still laugh when I remember that Vanessa was the first person that I ever met from Maine--it sounded so exotic to a Midwesterner like myself back in our Kalamazoo College roommate days. And now here I am living in Maine, while she currently makes her home in Minnesota.

I digress...it was a foggy day at the beach, but we found this to be a welcome respite from the hot sun here at the house. As you will see in the pics, Graham begged Vanessa for her yogurt, and he is too cute to resist. Steve also ate Vanessa's sandwich, so I'm afraid we deprived her of her packed lunch! The boys all played together, digging in the sand, hunting for crabs, and checking out the ocean.


After the beach, Graham played a lot in the backyard--check out his big smile in his new "Fred Flinstone car" that Ohma and Pap Jr. got him for his first birthday.


Later that night, Vanessa, Juan, and Julian came over for a dinner of mussels with wine--made with big handfuls of fresh herbs from my garden. We had a great time. Check out Vanessa's blog for pics of the evening.


No comments: